Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Admin's wife

IT wifey - a rare breed of wife who is knowledgeable about IT, but still doesn't understand why her husband refused to acknowledge her intelligence.


Convo 1


wifey: i hate the new excel program! i hate excel! why can i not save my file??

IT administrator: select 'file', then 'save as'

wifey: yes, I know...but where is 'file'????

IT administrator: at the top honey.... (exasperated)

wifey: i see a weird colored icon...is that what you mean by 'file' IT genius????

IT administrator: oh yeah, that's what I meant...duh!

wifey: BUT THAT'S NOT FILE!!!! it's a WEIRD....

IT administrator: but...

wifey: COLORED

IT administrator: it's....

wifey: ICON!!!!!!!

IT administrator: love you...


End Result: We're still married...


Convo 2


wifey: my internet has died!

IT administrator: did you plug in the network cable?

wifey: yes

IT administrator: did you check the internet connection?

wifey: Yes.

IT administrator: did you check the router?

wifey: YEs.

IT administrator: did you restart the router?

wifey: Yes

IT administrator: ok, I'll look at it when I get home

wifey: (simmering with anger) WHAT??!!! i need to farm!

IT administrator: Try unplugging the cable modem and router

wifey: Its not working

IT Administrator: Ill be home in 5 minutes

wifey: But my crops


End Result: I saved the farm.

3 comments:

  1. your wife must be really smart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloma why are you talking about yourself...we all know who "anonymous" is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know who this 'Aloma' is...

    ReplyDelete